Resident Privacy Notice – Bracknell
PLATFORM_ Bracknell Resident Privacy Notice
Purpose of this Privacy Notice
Platform Life Limited (‘Platform’) and Platform PM Limited (‘Platform’) jointly manage PLATFORM_ Bracknell on behalf of IRE-Resi UK Bracknell Sarl (‘IRE’), the owner of the building. Platform and IRE are Joint Data Controllers of the Personal Data of Residents at PLATFORM_ Bracknell.
This Privacy Notice sets out how the Joint Data Controllers (referred to as ‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) together meet their obligations under relevant data protection regulation and law when collecting and processing the Personal Data of Residents at PLATFORM_. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your Personal Data.
Who We Are
Platform Life Limited’s registered office is at Marble Arch House, 66 Seymour Street, London, W1H 5BT and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09922265.
Platform PM Limited’s registered office is at Marble Arch House, 66 Seymour Street, London, W1H 5BT and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 12879075. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number C1006635.
IRE-UK Resi Bracknell S.a.r.l is a private limited liability company incorporated and registered in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and whose registered office is at 37A, Avenue JF Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg.
Any Resident queries in respect of this Privacy Notice should be addressed to: email@example.com
Information That We Collect
The Personal Data that we collect from you is:
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Personal Email
- Business Email
- Source of Income and Financial Status
- Guarantor Information
- Visa or Work Permit
- Tenancy Termination Reports and Deposit Information
- Bank Account and Direct Debit Details
- Nationality and Immigration Status
- Home Telephone Number
- Work Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- National Insurance Number
- Passport Number
- Driver’s License Number
- CCTV Images
- Credit Score
We collect information in the below ways:
- Online forms including surveys and referencing applications
- Directly from you as our customer
- Call recordings
How We Use Your Personal Data
The Joint Data Controllers process your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations. In some cases, we may use your personal information for our legitimate interests in providing you with our products and services, provided this does not harm your interests and fundamental rights. We will never collect any unnecessary Personal Data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
The purposes and reasons for processing your Personal Data are detailed below: –
- We collect and store your Personal Data in order to communicate with you about matters relating to the management of your property; that is, to keep you informed of important matters affecting your home and building and to carry out statutory duties in accordance with your assured short-hold tenancy agreement.
- We collect and store your Personal Data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes.
- In order to assess your suitability to enter into a tenancy agreement, we share your Personal Data with UK Tenant Data Ltd who are a credit reference agency and provide us with financial background checks.
- We will also share your details with 3rd parties such as utility companies, local councils and managers of on-site car parking. Further detail is included under ‘Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information’ below.
- In the event of management transfers and or asset sale, we have contractual duties to share your Personal Data with other managing agents which are instructed to act on behalf of the owner of the building.
- We collect and share your data with the owner of the building and their contractual representatives for up to 6 years.
- It may be necessary to provide your Personal Data to contractors in the carrying out of maintenance at your building especially when access may be needed to your apartment specifically. In this instance, further permission will be sought from you before any information is provided.
- We will share your details with 3rd party CRM systems in order to manage your tenancy with us.
- In the event of arrears, we may share your personal details with 3rd party collection agencies, solicitors and the relevant civil courts.
- We will use your data to survey you on our services and the contractors we use.
- We may provide our on-site staff with your personal information in order to provide the on-site service.
- Our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes; they are retained for a period of 6 months then deleted.
- If your building has on-site CCTV, we will keep the recording for a period of 14 days before being recorded over. Footage can be downloaded and kept in certain circumstances. Further details can be found within our CCTV policy.
We take your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time.
You have the right to access any personal information that the Joint Data Controllers process about you and to request information about:
- What Personal Data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of Personal Data concerned
- The recipients to whom the Personal Data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your Personal Data for
- If we did not collect the data directly form you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct or complete the information and we will strive to update and correct it as quickly as possible, unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your Personal Data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to unsubscribe from any direct marketing from us.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, your request should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclosure any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. The Joint Data Controllers use third parties to provide the below services and business functions, however all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, relevant data protection laws and regulations and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
UK Tenant Data Ltd (UKTD)
We use UKTD to process your application and references in line with your apartment application including, employee, past/current landlord references and credit checks.
We use Evolve Partnership to carry out an independent inventory check-in report and an independent move out report at the end of your tenancy.
Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS)
We use TDS to register your security bond when you become a tenant and share data on your name, address and the amount of your bond.
We use Switch2 to provide utilities billing services while you are a resident and we share your name, address, contact details, the period you are resident for and the meter readings throughout your tenancy period.
We use Green Parking to provide car park management and enforcement services and share details of any vehicles authorised to park at your building together with the apartment number to which they are registered.
We use Cablecom to supply broadband and other digital media services to your apartment and we share details of your name, address, contact details and the period of your tenancy.
The Joint Data Controllers take your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your Personal Data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including encryption of Personal Data, secure logins, restricted transfer of data between devices and controlled permissions to operating systems and management software.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to us, however, as this information is required to enable you to rent an apartment and for us to provide you with our services, we will not be able to offer some or all of our products or services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic Personal Data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise or withdraw your consent.
Promotions & Offers
Occasionally, Platform would like to contact you with details of the offers and services that we provide. If you consent to us using your contact details for these purposes, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by using the opt-out/unsubscribe options or by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
Lodging A Complaint
We only process your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your Personal Data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you can contact Platform via the means given below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority – the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Data Protection Officer
Marble Arch House, 66 Seymour Street, London, W1H 5BT
Tel: 0207 084 6850
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Tel: 0303 123 1113